Friday, April 24, 2009

04-23-2009 Old Slab

I took off yesterday for numerous reasons. One was to wait for the Fedex guy to deliver a part for my truck, which I successfully fixed and now it no longer squeals when it cranks. Second was to make a quick run down to the Old Slab on the Cahaba to hopefully be able to fish it in relative peace. Well when I got there the same guys that are there on the weekends were there on a Thursday afternoon, but I will say they are nice and will talk to you. I just dissaprove of them trashing up the place... Anyways I did catch a really nice Red Eye bass that went about a pound and a half and decent sized bream as well.

It was nice to be outside and not mope around the house in my depression. I really do miss my Dad and wish he was here to go fishing with me and Thatcher, but there is nothing I can do to change it and to many good things have happened in the last two years that outweigh the bad. I have an awesome son who is my best buddy in the whole world, I have a wonderful wife who loves me, and I have the best extended family anyone could ever ask for. Oh and I am an Uncle now too! Going on a float trip down the Cahaba tomorrow in a section I've never been on with some guys I've never met, and I am super excited!! Hopefully I can find my little point and shoot camera to take with me and have some pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Keep your chin up bro. Most likely you will always miss your dad, but if you let that depression bring you down then the devil wins. When you get depressed go fishing, go hiking, go eat a DQ blizzard and take a big dump. Get out there and celebrate your dad.

    ReplyDelete